Version 041113: Effective as of April, 2013.
iGivefirst Charitable Fund
c/o Privacy and Compliance Department
PO Box 2228
Denver, Colorado 80201
Information we collect and how we use it.
We may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – When you create an account or make a donation with iGivefirst, you are asked to provide your name, email address, physical address, and phone number (optional). If making a donation, you can request a printable summary of all your donations given to those charities and causes you have elected to aid. You can share the information that you give us to notify your family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and community to make them aware of the causes and charities that you donate to, chart your progress towards your charitable goals and assist you towards achieving your charitable cause objectives.
• Cookies – When you visit the iGivefirst website, we may send cookies(small pieces of text data containing the user’s activity) to your computer, smart phone or any other device you use to access our website. The information we collect in this manner is used to improve the quality of our website, display your user preferences on the iGivefirst website (e.g., displaying only those charities or causes that you have constantly shown a strong interest or desire to champion or give to) and to collect certain metrics that we may collect on an aggregated level to use to market to non-for profit organizations, for profit entities with non-for profit arms or corporations who sponsor charitable events. This can entice such entities to advertise or plan campaigns and events on the iGivefirst website that you may, or the vast majority of our website users may have an interest in.
• Log information – When you access the iGivefirst website, the iGivefirst servers may automatically record certain information. The information that our servers may capture includes information such as your web request, your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• User communications – When you send email or other communications to iGivefirst, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS(Short Message Service, or cell phone text) messages, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about charitable events occurring in your area, information on how and who your donation assisted, other causes that you may be interested in giving to, and additional services that iGivefirst has
the ability to provide to its users.
iGivefirst will always ask for your permission, and will provide you with written notice each time we expand the list of information that we have, your user experience and your the ability to give when you visit our website. Additionally, we will always explain the information collected and how we use this information to improve your user experience and ability to give to your selected charities and causes.
Sharing your information
iGivefirst will only share your information in the following manner:
• You have given iGivefirst your consent to disclose your information to third parties. iGivefirst requires your opt-in consent for the sharing of any of your sensitive personal information.
• We provide your information to the charities and causes that you have elected to donate to, only after you have provided your opt-in consent for us to provide your information to such charities or corporate entities acting on behalf of, or collecting information for, such charities to which you have selected to donate.
• When we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of iGivefirst, its users or the public only to the extent as required or permitted by applicable law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Google employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Your ability to access, review and update your personal information
As part of our policy to always provide openness and transparency to you (our users), we will provide you with access to your personal information and either correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be reviewed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
At iGivefirst we believe in openness and transparency, we will not disclose or share your information unless you explicitly give us permission to do so.
Copyright © 2022 iGivefirst. All Rights Reserved.